The Full Information Maximum Likelihood Procedure for Inference on Cointegration - with Applications
AbstractThis paper gives a systematic application of maximum likelihood inference concerning cointegration vectors in non-stationary vector valued autoregressive time series models with Gaussian errors, where the model includes a constant term and seasonal dummies. The hypothesis of cointegration is given a simple parametric form in terms of cointegration vectors and their weights. The relation between the constant term and a linear trend in the non-stationary part of the process is discussed and related to the weights. Tests for the presence of cointegration vectors, both with and without a linear trend in the non-stationary part of the process are derived. Then estimates and tests under linear restrictions on the cointegration vectors and their weights are given. The methods are illustrated by data from the Danish and the Finnish economy on the demand for money.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 89-11.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: Mar 1989
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as: "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money", in: Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 1990, 52(2), pp. 169-210
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
cointegration; error correction; maximum likelihood estimation; likelihood ratio test; vector autoregressive processes; money demand; Denmark; Finland;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera & Margherita Grasso & Massimo Giovannini, 2003. "Long-run Models of Oil Stock Prices," Working Papers 2003.96, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Amano, R. A. & van Norden, S., 1998.
"Oil prices and the rise and fall of the US real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 299-316, April.
- Robert A. Amano & Simon van Norden, 1995. "Oil Prices and the Rise and Fall of the U.S. Real Exchange Rate," International Finance 9502001, EconWPA.
- Royfaizal, R. C & Lee, C & Mohamed, Azali, 2007. "Asean-5+3 And Us Stock Markets Interdependence Before, During And After Asian Financial Crisis," MPRA Paper 10263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van Amano, Robert A & Norden, Simon, 1998.
"Exchange Rates and Oil Prices,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 683-94, November.
- Matteo Manera & Massimo Giovannini & Margherita Grasso & Alessandro Lanza, 2004.
"Conditional Correlations in the Returns on Oil Companies Stock Prices and Their Determinants,"
2004.71, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Massimo Giovannini & Margherita Grasso & Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera, 2006. "Conditional correlations in the returns on oil companies stock prices and their determinants," Empirica, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 193-207, September.
- Vogelvang, E., 1990. "Testing for co-integration with spot prices of some related agricultural commodities," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.