Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search
AbstractThe Forward Search is an iterative algorithm concerned with detection of outliers and other unsuspected structures in data. This approach has been suggested, analysed and applied for regression models in the monograph Atkinson and Riani (2000). An asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search is made. The argument involves theory for a new class of weighted and marked empirical processes, quantile process theory, and a fixed point argument to describe the iterative element of the procedure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 13-01.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 10 Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
Fixed point result; Forward Search; quantile process; weighted and marked empirical process;
Other versions of this item:
- Søren Johansen & Bent Nielsen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," CREATES Research Papers 2013-05, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bent Nielsen & Søren Johansen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," Economics Papers 2013-W02, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bent Nielsen & Soren Johansen, 2013. "Asymptotic analysis of the Forward Search," Economics Series Working Papers 2013-W02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Riani & Anthony C. Atkinson & Andrea Cerioli, 2009. "Finding an unknown number of multivariate outliers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 71(2), pages 447-466.
- E ric E ngler & B ent N ielsen, 2009.
"The empirical process of autoregressive residuals,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 367-381, 07.
- Bent Nielsen & Eric Engler, 2007. "The empirical process of autoregressive residuals," Economics Papers 2007-W01, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Eric Engler & Bent Nielsen, 2007. "The empirical process of autoregressive residuals," Economics Series Working Papers 2007-W01, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen & Soren Johansen, 2010. "Discussion of The Forward Search: Theory and Data Analysis," Economics Series Working Papers 2010-W02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Fischer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.