The Geometry of Finite Equilibrium Datasets
AbstractWe investigate the geometry of finite datasets defined by equilibrium prices, income distributions, and total resources. We show that the equilibrium condition imposes no restrictions if total resources are collinear, a property that is robust to small perturbations. We also show that the set of equilibrium datasets is pathconnected when the equilibrium condition does impose restrictions on datasets, as for example when total resources are widely non collinear.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 09-07.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
equilibrium manifold; rationalizability; pathconnectedness;
Other versions of this item:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2010.
"Non-parametric counterfactual analysis in dynamic general equilibrium,"
Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 181-200, October.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2007. "Non-parametric counterfactual analysis in dynamic general equilibrium," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-027, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Felix KUBLER & Karl SCHMEDDERS, . "Non-parametric counterfactual analysis in dynamic general equilibrium," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-05, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2010.
"Individual preference rankings compatible with prices, income distributions and total resources,"
Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 497-513, December.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2009. "Individual Preference Rankings Compatible with Prices, Income Distributions and Total Resources," Discussion Papers 09-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Fischer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.