On the Micro-foundations of Money: The Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op
AbstractThis paper contributes to the micro-foundation of money in centralized markets with idiosyncratic uncertainty. It shows existence of stationary monetary equilibria and ensures that there is an optimum quantity of money. The rational solution of our model is compared with actual behavior in a laboratory experiment. The experiment gives support to the theoretical approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 03-35.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
micro foundations of money; optimal quantity of money;
Other versions of this item:
- Thorsten Hens & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppé & Bodo Vogt, . "On the Micro-foundations of Money: The Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op," IEW - Working Papers 108, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hens, Thorsten & Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner & Vogt, Bodo, 2003. "On the micro-foundations of money : the Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op," HWWA Discussion Papers 255, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-08-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2003-08-17 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2003-08-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2003-08-17 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Fischer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.