The Rise in Danish Unemployment: Reallocation or Mismatch?
AbstractThe two main competing theories for the outward shift in the uv-curve are investigated: Increased separations from employment at a given employment level (reallocation) and decreased levels of hires, given unemployment and vacancies (mismatch). Shifts in the uv-curve and the hiring function are modelled by smooth transition functions, and the hypothesis of analogous shifts in the two curves is tested and accepted. This is interpreted as evidence in favor of the mismatch hypotheses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics in its series CAM Working Papers with number 2004-13.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 2004, 66(4), pp 515-536
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (45) 35 32 30 74
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk/CAM/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Karsten Albæk & Henrik Hansen, 2004. "The Rise in Danish Unemployment: Reallocation or Mismatch?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(4), pages 515-536, 09.
- Karsten Albæk & Henrik Hansen, 1999. "The Rise in Danish Unemployment: Reallocation or Mismatch?," Discussion Papers 99-15, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-21 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanna-Mari Hynninen & Aki Kangasharju & Jaakko Pehkonen, 2006.
"Regional Matching Frictions and Aggregate Unemployment,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p416, European Regional Science Association.
- Aki Kangasharju & Sanna-Mari Hynninen & Jaakko Pehkonen, 2006. "Regional Matching Frictions and Aggregate Unemployment," Discussion Papers 383, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Heidi Soininen, 2007. "Finnish Evidence of Changes in Labor Market Matching," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 57-71, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Fischer).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.