The Visibility of Ukrainian Economists 1969-2005
AbstractThis article studies the visibility of Ukrainian economists. It shows that the number of Ukrainians trained at Western universities is increasing fast and that these economists now start publishing in international journals. At the same time, Ukrainian economists residing and educated in Ukraine still rarely publish in international economics journals. An explanation for both findings is offered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kyiv School of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 6.
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
Note: Published in Journal of Socio-Economics, 37, 2114-2125 (2008)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 13 Yakira Str, 04119 Kyiv
Web page: http://www.kse.org.ua/
More information through EDIRC
ranking; Ukraine; economists;
Other versions of this item:
- Coupé, Tom, 2008. "The visibility of Ukrainian economists 1969-2005," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 2114-2125, October.
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-03-15 (Education)
- NEP-HPE-2008-03-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2008-03-15 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Michael Alexeev & Clifford Gaddy & Jim Leitzel, 1992. "Economics in the Former Soviet Union," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 137-148, Spring.
- ÇOKGEZEN , Murat, 2013. "Publication performance of economists and economics departments in Turkey (2006–2011): An Update and Comparison," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(3), pages 95-106.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Olena Nizalova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.