Securitisation of Mezzanine Capital in Germany
AbstractA recent trend in the German Asset Backed Securities (ABS) market is the securitisation of subordinated loans and profit participation agreements (PPAs) granted to medium-sized enterprises (MEs). This paper provides an overview of this growing market and analyses the benefits of such transactions for the portfolio companies as well as originators and potential investors. Simulations of ten recent transactions indicate that despite of relatively low interest rates charged on obligors, originators and investors can earn attractive returns at fairly low risk. In particular, the junior tranches of these securitisations exhibit quite attractive risk-return profiles.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz in its series CoFE Discussion Paper with number 07-07.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 01 Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-03-01 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-EEC-2008-03-01 (European Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Verhofen, 2005. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods in Financial Econometrics," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 397-405, December.
- Günter Franke & Markus Herrmann & Thomas Weber, 2007. "Information asymmetries and securitization design," CoFE Discussion Paper 07-10, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Julio Pindado & Luis Rodrigues, 2005. "Determinants of Financial Distress Costs," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 343-359, December.
- Bernd Brommundt & Jochen Felsenheimer & Philip Gisdakis & Michael Zaiser, 2006. "Recent Developments in Credit Markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 221-234, June.
- Guenter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2005.
"Default Risk Sharing Between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations,"
NBER Working Papers
11741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gunter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2007. "Default Risk Sharing between Banks and Markets: The Contribution of Collateralized Debt Obligations," NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 603-634 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: The contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Günter Franke & Jan Pieter Krahnen, 2005. "Default risk sharing between banks and markets: the contribution of collateralized debt obligations," CoFE Discussion Paper 05-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Bharath, Sreedhar T. & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "Does industry-wide distress affect defaulted firms? Evidence from creditor recoveries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 787-821, September.
- Michael S. Gibson, 2004. "Understanding the risk of synthetic CDOs," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andre Guettler & Ulrich Hommel & Julia Reichert, 2011. "The influence of sponsor, servicer, and underwriter characteristics on RMBS performance," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 281-311, September.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2008. "The future of securitization," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/31, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.