Recent Advances in Backward Stochastics Ricatti Equations and Their Applications
AbstractThe following backward stochastic Riccati differential equation (BSRDE in short) is motivated, and is then studied. Some properties are presented. The existence and uniqueness of a global adapted solution to a BSRDE has been open for the case D i 6= 0 for more than two decades. Our recent results on this topic are summarized. Finally, applications are addressed, both in finance and control.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz in its series CoFE Discussion Paper with number 00-30.
Length: 25 Pages
Date of creation: Oct 2000
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2000-11-14 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lepeltier, J. P. & San Martin, J., 1997. "Backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 425-430, April.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- R. C. Merton, 1970.
"Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model,"
58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971. "Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-52.
- Martin Schweizer & HuyËn Pham & (*), Thorsten RheinlÄnder, 1998. "Mean-variance hedging for continuous processes: New proofs and examples," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 173-198.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.