Nonparametric M-Estimation with Long-Memory Errors
AbstractWe investigate the behavior of nonparametric kernel M-estimators in the presence of long-memory errors. The optimal bandwidth and a central limit theorem are obtained. It turns out that in the Gaussian case all kernel M-estimators have the same limiting normal distribution. The motivation behind this study is illustrated with an example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz in its series CoFE Discussion Paper with number 00-19.
Length: 9 Pages
Date of creation: Jun 2000
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Beran, Jan & Ghosh, Sucharita & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2000. "Nonparametric M-estimation with long-memory errors," Technical Reports 2000,36, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- NEP-ALL-2000-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2000-08-02 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2000-08-02 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Beran, 1999. "SEMIFAR Models - A Semiparametric Framework for Modelling Trends, Long Range Dependence and Nonstationarity," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-16, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Philipp Sibbertsen, 2004.
"Long memory versus structural breaks: An overview,"
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 465-515, October.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua & Ghosh, Sucharita & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2000.
"On robust local polynominal estimation with long-memory errors,"
2000,35, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua & Ghosh, Sucharita & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2002. "On robust local polynomial estimation with long-memory errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 227-241.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng & Sucharita Gosh & Philipp Sibbertsen, 2000. "On robust local polynomial estimation with long-memory errors," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-18, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Ngai Chan & Rongmao Zhang, 2009. "M-estimation in nonparametric regression under strong dependence and infinite variance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 391-411, June.
- Gao, Jiti, 2007. "Nonlinear time series: semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 39563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.