Data-driven estimation of semiparametric fractional autoregressive models
AbstractIn this paper data-driven algorithms for fitting SEMIFAR models (Beran, 1999) are proposed. The algorithms combine the data-driven estimation of the nonparametric trend and maximum likelihood estimation of the parameters. For selecting the bandwidth, the proposal of Beran and Feng (1999) based on the iterative plug-in idea (Gasser et al., 1991) is used. Asymptotic properties of the proposed algorithms are investigated. A large simulation study illustrates the practical performance of the methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz in its series CoFE Discussion Paper with number 00-16.
Length: 31 Pages
Date of creation: Jun 2000
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng & Sucharita Gosh & Philipp Sibbertsen, 2000.
"On robust local polynomial estimation with long-memory errors,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
00-18, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua & Ghosh, Sucharita & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2002. "On robust local polynomial estimation with long-memory errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 227-241.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua & Ghosh, Sucharita & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2000. "On robust local polynominal estimation with long-memory errors," Technical Reports 2000,35, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng & Siegfried Heiler, 2000. "Modifying the double smoothing bandwidth selector in nonparametric regression," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-37, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "Local Polynomial Fitting with Long-Memory, Short-Memory and Antipersistent Errors," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 291-311, June.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua.Feng, 2001. "Iterative plug-in algorithms for SEMIFAR models - definition, convergence and asymptotic properties," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-11, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.