Wie privatisieren und wer privatisiert? Zur Erklärung der Wahl der Privatisierungsmethode und -organisation
AbstractWith this theoretical survey the thesis is put forward that the method of privatization as well as the structure of the privatization agency is choosen by the politicians for politico-economic reasons, and not for reasons of saving transaction costs or for reasons of ideological preferences. The method of privatization (auction, bargaining, giveaway) is the one that is choosen which secures power for the politician. And the agency of privatization is structured according to the juridical power and political structure of the State.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 812.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Privatisierung; Privatisierungsmethode; Privatisierungsorganisation; Privatization; Method of Privatization; Agency of Privatization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- P50 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1995.
" A Theory of the Welfare State,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 495-526, December.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Heinrich, Ralph P., 1993. "The merits of insider privatization: What Russia can learn from Eastern Central Europe," Kiel Discussion Papers 201, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, 1997. "Methods of Privatization: Auctions, Bargaining and Give-Aways," CEPR Discussion Papers 1541, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Umbeck, John, 1981. "Might Makes Rights: A Theory of the Formation and Initial Distribution of Property Rights," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(1), pages 38-59, January.
- Siegmund, Uwe, 1997. "Warum Privatisierung? Eine Dogmengeschichte der Privatisierungstheorien," Kiel Working Papers 785, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.