Die Preisbildung im westdeutschen Außenhandel: Eine empirische Analyse
AbstractWhich factors determine the prices of West German expörts and imports? To answer this question, two single equation error correction modeis are applied. Export prices turn out to be mainly determined by prices for concurrent goods proiduced abroad, whereas unit labor costs and the nominal exchange-rate of the D-Mark only have minor impacts on export prices. Import prices are significantly influenced by producer prices abroad, domestic prices for import substitutes, the nominal exchange-rate of the D-Mark and - to a smaller degree - by commodity prices. The modeis are fmally used to simulate the reaction of export and import prices to changes of the exogenous variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 782.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
International Trade; Time-Series Models; Simulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1982. "Model specification tests : A simultaneous approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 59-82, October.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1985.
"Exchange Rates and Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
1769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kravis, Irving B & Lipsey, Robert E, 1977. "Export Prices and the Transmission of Inflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 155-63, February.
- Jeroen J.M. Kremers & Neil R. Ericsson & Juan J. Dolado, 1992.
"The power of cointegration tests,"
International Finance Discussion Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.)
431, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Charles Engel, 1992.
"Real Exchange Rates and Relative Prices: An Empirical Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
4231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Charles, 1993. "Real exchange rates and relative prices : An empirical investigation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 35-50, August.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky & Andre Kaspura, 1974. "An Analysis of Imported Inflation in a Short-Run Macroeconomic Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 7(3), pages 355-80, August.
- Lucrezia Reichlin & Jacques Le Cacheux, 1992. "Exchange rates and import prices: evidence of pricing to market in the European car market," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10189, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Boss, Alfred & Döpke, Jörg & Fischer, Malte & Langfeldt, Enno & Schatz, Klaus-Werner & Scheide, Joachim, 1997. "Bundesrepublik Deutschland: Exportboom treibt Konjunktur," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1727, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Boss, Alfred & Döpke, Jörg & Fischer, Malte & Langfeldt, Enno & Lapp, Susanne & Schatz, Klaus-Werner, 1997. "Aufschwung in Deutschland: mehr Schub von der Inlandsnachfrage," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1697, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Boss, Alfred & Döpke, Jörg & Fischer, Malte & Langfeldt, Enno & Lapp, Susanne & Schatz, Klaus-Werner, 1997. "Deutsche Konjunktur weiter aufwärtsgerichtet," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1707, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Boss, Alfred & Gerling, Katja & Gottschalk, Jan & Meier, Carsten-Patrick & Scheide, Joachim & Schmidt, Rainer & Strauß, Hubert, 2000. "Deutsche Konjunktur: Aufschwung verliert an Fahrt," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2500, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.