On managing adjustment to external shocks in oil importing developing countries
AbstractThis paper employs country specific multisectoral general equilibrium models of Turkey, Kenya and India to study the adjustment problems confronting these countries. The affects of liberal and interventionist policies on GDP and on incomes of different classes are analysed. The results show that liberal policies minimise the GDP losses and that farmers are relatively better off under these policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 149.
Date of creation: 1982
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul S. Armington, 1970. "Adjustment of Trade Balances: Some Experiments with a Model of Trade among Many Countries (Ajustement de la balance commerciale: quelques expÃ©riences avec un modÃ¨le d'Ã©changes internationaux)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 488-526, November.
- Paul S. Armington, 1969. "The Geographic Pattern of Trade and the Effects of Price Changes (Structure gÃ©ographique des Ã©changes et incidences des variations de prix) (Estructura geogrÃ¡fica del comercio y efectos de la," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(2), pages 179-201, July.
- Vincent, David, 1981. "Multisectoral economic models for developing countries," Kiel Working Papers 117, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- de Melo, Jaime & Robinson, Sherman, 1982. "Trade adjustment policies and income distribution in three archetype developing economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 67-92, February.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1971. "CRESH Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 695-712, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.