Brauchen wir einen Kombilohn?
AbstractWage subsidies and public transfers for the unemployed as a means for increasing employment have been intensively discussed in Germany. The paper explains which models have already been applied. In addition, it describes some recent reform proposals and analyzes what economic policy might be capable of doing. It is concluded that new models of wage subsidization are not actually necessary because there is a comprehensive model called “unemployment benefit II”. Instead, the reduction of the rate of contributions to the unemployment insurance system should be considered as a useful policy option.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 1279.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Arbeitslosigkeit; Lohnzuschuss; Kombilohn; Arbeitslosengeld II; Beitragsermäßigung;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessio J. G. Brown, & Christian Merkl & Dennis J. Snower, 2006.
"Comparing the Effectiveness of Employment Subsidies,"
Kiel Working Papers
1302, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Brown, Alessio J.G. & Merkl, Christian & Snower, Dennis J., 2011. "Comparing the effectiveness of employment subsidies," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 168-179, April.
- Brown, Alessio J. G. & Merkl, Christian & Snower, Dennis J., 2007. "Comparing the Effectiveness of Employment Subsidies," IZA Discussion Papers 2835, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brown, Alessio J G & Merkl, Christian & Snower, Dennis J., 2007. "Comparing the Effectiveness of Employment Subsidies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6334, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boss, Alfred & Christensen, Björn & Schrader, Klaus, 2010. "Die Hartz IV-Falle: Wenn Arbeit nicht mehr lohnt," Kiel Discussion Papers 474/475, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alfred Boss, 2013. "Verhindert ein Mindestlohn eine Ausbeutung des Staates?," Kiel Working Papers 1884, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.