Finanzhilfen des Bundes
AbstractSubsidization policy is intensively discussed in Germany. Subsidies comprise by definition tax expenditures and those government expenditures which distort the structure of the economy; financial aid is granted to different branches by the EU, the federal government, the states (Länder) and the local authorities. The extent and the structure of the federal government’s subsidies in the period 1998 to 2003 are analyzed. The results are compared to the data in the official report of the federal government released in October 2003 and to the data on which a reform proposal of the Prime Ministers of the states Hessia and North Rhine-Westphalia is based on.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 1188.
Length: 57 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2003
Date of revision:
Subventionen; Finanzhilfen; Subventionsbericht;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H29 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boss, Alfred & Rosenschon, Astrid, 2002. "Subventionen in Deutschland: Quantifizierung und finanzpolitische Bewertung," Kiel Discussion Papers 392/393, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Astrid Rosenschon, 2002. "Finanzhilfen der Bundesländer: Eine Aktualisierung," Kiel Working Papers 1127, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Boss, Alfred & Rosenschon, Astrid, 2003. "Eine Strategie zum Abbau der Subventionen," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3250, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alfred Boss & Astrid Rosenschon, 2006. "Subventionen in Deutschland: Eine Bestandsaufnahme," Kiel Working Papers 1267, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Alfred Boss & Astrid Rosenschon, 2004. "Steuervergünstigungen in Deutschland: Eine Aktualisierung," Kiel Working Papers 1220, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Astrid Rosenschon, 2007. "Finanzhilfen des Bundes � eine Aktualisierung," Kiel Working Papers 1313, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.