Die Reform der Arbeitslosenversicherung im Zuge der Agenda 2010 und ihr Einfluss auf die Arbeitslosigkeitsdauer � Simulationsergebnisse auf Basis der nicht-stationären Suchtheorie
AbstractThis paper examines the impacts on reservation wages of unemployed persons and on transition in employment due to the reform of the unemployment insurance system in Germany in the course of the Agenda 2010. A dynamic search model is developed, on which reservation wages are simulated for different groups of unemployed. Based on this, increases in the transition rates in employment are forecasted due to the reductions in reservation wages. It is shown that the reform of the unemployment transfer payments mainly affect unemployed persons with a high income before unemployment. For these persons the transition rates in employment are increased by 5% to 9% if they are eligible for social welfare. For unemployed persons without eligibility for social welfare the transition rates in employment are increased by 9% to 22%.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Kiel Working Papers with number 1171.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2003
Date of revision:
Agenda 2010; Arbeitslosigkeitsdauer; Reservationslöhne; Simulationen; Suchtheorie;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lalive, Rafael & Zweimüller, Josef, 2002.
"Benefit Entitlement and the Labor Market: Evidence from a Large-Scale Policy Change,"
IZA Discussion Papers
444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rafael Lalive & Josef Zweimüller, . "Benefit Entitlement and the Labor Market: Evidence from a Large-Scale Policy Change," IEW - Working Papers 105, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Rafael Lalive & Josef Zweimüller, 2002. "Benefit Entitlement and the Labor Market: Evidence from a Large-Scale Policy Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 694, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 1995.
"The Effect of Unemployment Compensation on Unemployment Duration in Germany,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 88-120, January.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1992. "The Effect of Unemployment Compensation on Unemployment Duration in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 50, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hilmar Schneider & Olaf Fuchs, 2000. "Anreizwirkungen der Arbeitslosenunterstützung auf die Arbeitssuche," Wirtschaft im Wandel, Halle Institute for Economic Research, vol. 6(11), pages 312-317.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.