Supply of Money
AbstractThis short paper is the encyclopedia entry on Supply of Money to appear in the second edition of the International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences. The encyclopedia is edited by William A. Darity and forthcoming from Macmillan Reference USA (Thomson Gale).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Kansas, Department of Economics in its series WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS with number 200607.
Length: 7 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2006
Date of revision:
monetary aggregation; index number theory; Divisia index; encyclopedia entry; aggregation theory; supply of money.;
Other versions of this item:
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-07 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2006-10-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-10-07 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Barnett, 2005.
- William Barnett, 2005. "Monetary Aggregation," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS, University of Kansas, Department of Economics 200510, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- William Barnett & John Keating & Unja Chae, 2006.
"The Discounted Economic Stock of Money with VAR Forecasting,"
Annals of Finance, Springer,
Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 229-258, July.
- William A. Barnett & Unja Chae & John W. Keating, 2006. "The discounted economic stock of money with VAR forecasting," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006, Society for Computational Economics 51, Society for Computational Economics.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "The Discounted Economic Stock of Money with VAR Forecasting," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS, University of Kansas, Department of Economics 200515, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2005.
- William Barnett & Unja Chae & John Keating, 2005. "The Discounted Economic Stock of Money with VAR Forecasting," Macroeconomics, EconWPA 0508021, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis & W. Erwin Diewert, 2005. "The Theory of Monetary Aggregation (book front matter)," Macroeconomics, EconWPA 0511008, EconWPA.
- Barnett, William A. & Hinich, Melvin J. & Weber, Warren E., 1986. "The regulatory wedge between the demand-side and supply-side aggregation-theoretic monetary aggregates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 165-185.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.