A voluntary contribution experiment with one-way communication and income heterogeneity
AbstractOne-way communication has been found to substantially increase contributions in linear voluntary contribution mechanisms. We confirm the robustness of this result in the presence of income heterogeneity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics in its series Jena Economic Research Papers with number 2010-094.
Date of creation: 22 Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Public goods experiment; Cheap talk; Heterogeneous en- dowments;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koukoumelis, Anastasios & Levati, M. Vittoria & Weisser, Johannes, 2012.
"Leading by words: A voluntary contribution experiment with one-way communication,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 379-390.
- Anastasios Koukoumelis & M. Vittoria Levati & Johannes Weisser, 2009. "Leading by Words: A Voluntary Contribution Experiment With One-Way Communication," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-106, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Kesternich, Martin & Lange, Andreas & Sturm, Bodo, 2012. "The impact of burden sharing rules on the voluntary provision of public goods," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-033, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Martin Daniel Siyaranamual, 2013. "Social Interaction and Public Goods Provision: A Case of Waste Management in Bandung, Indonesia," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201312, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2013.
- Johannes Weisser, 2011. "Leading by Words in Privileged Groups," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-066, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.