Role of laboratories for adapting product-related environmental regulations (PRERs)
AbstractThis paper examines how a country which has been successful in creating agglomeration of a manufacturing industry has faced various types of product-related environmental regulations. Then the paper shows how the government and testing laboratory have taken measures to adapt to PRERs overseas in response to the needs by firms affected by regulations. In reaction to the introductions of PRERs overseas, Malaysia also has introduced equivalent policies domestically, proving that PRERs have spread to Malaysia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) in its series IDE Discussion Papers with number 452.
Date of creation: Mar 2014
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 452. 2014.3
Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2014-04-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-RES-2014-04-11 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2014-04-11 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michida, Etsuyo & Nabeshima, Kaoru & Ueki, Yasushi, 2014. "Impact of product-related environmental regulations in Asia : descriptive statistics from a survey of firms in Vietnam," IDE Discussion Papers 466, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Michida, Etsuyo & Ueki, Yasushi & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2014. "Impact on Asian firms of product-related environmental regulations through global supply chains : a study of firms in Malaysia," IDE Discussion Papers 453, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.