Impact of product-related environmental regulations / voluntary requirements on Thai firms
AbstractThe rules governing the trade of goods in global markets have shifted toward non-tariff measures related to environmental and chemical safety. Unlike traditional environmental/safety requirements, the scope of modern regulations covers productsâ€™ environmental performance and chemical safety. To comply with these modern regulations, production practices along the entire supply chain must be realigned to manage certain chemical substances incorporated into the final product. This paper examines the implications of product-related environmental and chemical safety regulations on different firms operating in Thailand.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) in its series IDE Discussion Papers with number 383.
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 383. 2013.2
Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-08-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2013-08-23 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-08-23 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michida, Etsuyo & Ueki, Yasushi & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2014. "Impact on Asian firms of product-related environmental regulations through global supply chains : a study of firms in Malaysia," IDE Discussion Papers 453, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Michida, Etsuyo, 2014. "The policy impact of product-related environmental regulations in Asia," IDE Discussion Papers 451, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Michida, Etsuyo & Nabeshima, Kaoru & Ueki, Yasushi, 2014. "Impact of product-related environmental regulations in Asia : descriptive statistics from a survey of firms in Vietnam," IDE Discussion Papers 466, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.