An Economic Derivation on Trade Coefficients under the Framework of Multi-regional I-O Analysis
AbstractThe gravity model, entropy model, potential type model and others like these have been adopted to formulate interregional trade coefficients under the framework of Multi-Regional I-O (MRIO) analysis. Since most of these models are based upon analogies in physics or on statistical principles, they do not provide a theoretical explanation from the view of a firm's or individual's rational and deterministic decision making. In this paper, according to the deterministic choice theory, not only is an alternative formulation of the trade coefficients presented, but also a discussion of an appropriate definition for purchasing prices indices. Since this formulation is consistent with the MRIO system, it can be employed as a useful model-building tool in multi-regional models such as the spatial CGE model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) in its series IDE Discussion Papers with number 29.
Date of creation: May 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 29. 2005.5
Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-02-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2007-02-03 (International Trade)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ando, Asao & Meng, Bo, 2014. "Spatial price equilibrium and the transport sector : a trade-consistent SCGE model," IDE Discussion Papers 447, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ando, Asao & Meng, Bo & Chao, Qu, 2009. "Trade Coefficients and the Role of Elasticity in a Spatial CGE Model Based on the Armington Assumption," IDE Discussion Papers 204, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.