Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Water Management Institute in its series IWMI Research Reports with number H021492.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Water resource management / Economic aspects / Economic analysis / Irrigated farming / Water rights / Pricing / Privatization / Marginal analysis / Water market / Water policy;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2008. "Investment in Agricultural Water for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa : Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8012, The World Bank.
- McCauley, David & Anderson, Robert & Bowen, Richard & Elassiouty, Ibrahim & Mahdy, Elsayed & Soliman, Ibrahim, 2002. "Economic Instruments For Improved Water Resources Management In Egypt," MPRA Paper 40581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2002.
- Alexandre Le Vernoy & Patrick Messerlin, 2010. "Water and the WTO: Don’t kill the messenger," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Salman, Amer Zahi & Al-Karablieh, Emad, 2004. "Measuring the willingness of farmers to pay for groundwater in the highland areas of Jordan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 61-76, July.
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585, March.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2002. "An economic perspective on the potential gains from improvements in irrigation water management," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 233-248, January.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 1999. "An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 475-491, September.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2006.
"Analyzing Economic Market Interactions as Conflicts: New Concepts to Assess Market-Based Policy Instruments,"
Working Papers in Economics
212, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2007. "Analyzing economic market interactions as conflicts: New concepts to assess market-based policy instruments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 81-90, February.
- Anonymous, 2005. "Irrigation and river basin management: options for governance and institutions," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138050.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.