Evolution of irrigation in South and Southeast Asia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Water Management Institute in its series IWMI Books, Reports with number H035439.
Length: vi, 45p.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Irrigated farming / Irrigation systems / Irrigation practices / Dams / History / Colonialism / Poverty / Water scarcity / Groundwater / Hydrology / Rice / Aquifers / Salinity / Modernization / Households / Income / Water management / Productivity / Farmers’ attitudes / Cost recovery / Water users’ associations / Water market / Pricing / Institutional development / South Asia / South East Asia;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suhardiman, Diana & Giordano, Mark, 2014. "Is There an Alternative for Irrigation Reform?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 91-100.
- Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur, 2009. "Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 422-434, February.
- Molle, François & Wester, Philippus & Hirsch, Philip, 2010. "River basin closure: Processes, implications and responses," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 569-577, April.
- Guillaume Lacombe & Chu Hoanh & Vladimir Smakhtin, 2012. "Multi-year variability or unidirectional trends? Mapping long-term precipitation and temperature changes in continental Southeast Asia using PRECIS regional climate model," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 285-299, July.
- Svendsen, Mark & Ewing, Mandy & Msangi, Siwa, 2009. "Measuring irrigation performance in Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 894, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Turral, Hugh & Svendsen, Mark & Faures, Jean Marc, 2010. "Investing in irrigation: Reviewing the past and looking to the future," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 551-560, April.
- World Bank, 2006. "Reengaging in Agricultural Water Management: Challenges and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6957, July.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Molden, David & Wichelns, Dennis, 2010. "Investing in water for food, ecosystems, and livelihoods: An overview of the comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 495-501, April.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Quiggin, John, 2006.
"Agricultural Intensification, Irrigation and the Environment in South Asia: Issues and Policy Options,"
Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers
149859, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Quiggin, John, 2008. "Agricultural intensification, irrigation and the environment in South Asia: Issues and policy options," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 111-124, March.
- Mohammad Alauddin & John Quiggin, 2006. "Agricultural Intensification, Irrigation and the Environment in South Asia: Issues and Policy Options," Murray-Darling Program Working Papers WP4M06, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Qiuqiong Huang & Scott Rozelle & Dinghuan Hu, 2007. "Pump-set clusters in China: explaining the organization of the industry that revolutionized Asian agriculture," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 14(2), pages 75-105, December.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Giordano, Meredith, 2014. "Small private irrigation: A thriving but overlooked sector," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 167-174.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.