Water scarcity and the role of storage in development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Water Management Institute in its series IWMI Books, Reports with number H026190.
Length: v, 16p.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Groundwater / Water storage / Water scarcity / Reservoir storage / Costs / Aquifers / Conjunctive use / River basins / Surface water / Dams / India / China / USA;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glendenning, C.J. & Vervoort, R.W., 2010. "Hydrological impacts of rainwater harvesting (RWH) in a case study catchment: The Arvari River, Rajasthan, India. Part 1: Field-scale impacts," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 331-342, December.
- Elodie Blanc & Eric Strobl, 2013.
"Is small better? A comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa,"
2013-010, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Blanc, Elodie & Strobl, Eric, 2013. "Is small better ? a comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6567, The World Bank.
- Ashraf, M. & Kahlown, M.A. & Ashfaq, A., 2007. "Impact of small dams on agriculture and groundwater development: A case study from Pakistan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 90-98, August.
- Smith, A. & Maheshwari, B. L., 2002. "Options for alternative irrigation water supplies in the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia: a case study of the Shepparton Irrigation Region," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 41-55, July.
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hafeez, Mohsin, 2007. "Economic evaluation of small multi-purpose ponds in the Zhanghe irrigation system, China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-3), pages 61-70, July.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Schaeffer, Jürgen, 2008. "Estimating potential costs and gains from an aquifer storage and recovery program in Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 477-488, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.