Stochastische Unternehmensmodelle als Kern innovativer Ratingsysteme
AbstractIn our paper, we analyze, based on a new rating methodology, 105 enterprises from Saxony with respect to their ability to meet their financial obligations. It is based on classical financial-statement approach, a direct inclusion of risk and a stochastic simulation model of enterprise development. The results show that the method used is superior to presently used approaches and that it extends our knowledge of enterprise development. On and above its Basel-II applicability, it is a tool to analyze individual development strategies of firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Halle Institute for Economic Research in its series IWH Discussion Papers with number 6.
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
rating; Saxony; modelling of enterprises; stochastics; risk; sucsess factors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ulrich Blum & Frank Leibbrand, 2003. "Rating als Strategie- und Risikoberatung für kleine und mittlere Unternehmen," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 10(03), pages 26-36, 06.
- Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2004. "Informational Efficiency of Credit Default Swap and Stock Markets: The Impact of Credit Rating Announcements," CEPR Discussion Papers 4250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Weber, Martin & Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Voßmann, Frank, 1998. "Risikomessung im Kreditgeschäft: Eine empirische Analyse bankinterner Ratingverfahren," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 98-45, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Margaret Insley, 2002.
"On the option to invest in pollution control under a regime of tradable emissions allowances,"
02008, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2002.
- Margaret Insley, 2003. "On the option to invest in pollution control under a regime of tradable emissions allowances," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 860-883, November.
- Bemmann, Martin, 2005. "Verbesserung der Vergleichbarkeit von Schätzgüteergebnissen von Insolvenzprognosestudien," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/05, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2004. "Informational efficiency of credit default swap and stock markets: The impact of credit rating announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2813-2843, November.
- Insolvenzprognoseverfahren in Wikipedia German ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hubert Gabrisch).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.