Die Verlustverteilung des unternehmerischen Forderungsausfallrisikos – Eine simulationsbasierte Modellierung
AbstractThe risk of bad debt losses evolves for companies which grant payment targets. Possible losses have to be covered by these companies equity and liquidity reserves. The question of how to quantify the level of risk of bad debt losses will be discussed in this paper. Input values of this risk are the probability of default, exposure at default and loss given default. It is shown how companies can derive probability functions to describe uncertainty and variability for each input value. Based on these probability functions a simulation model is developed to quantify the risk of bad debt losses. Based on an empirical study probability functions for probability of default and loss given default are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Halle Institute for Economic Research in its series IWH Discussion Papers with number 10.
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
simulation; risk of bad debt losses; risk assessment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greg M. Gupton, 2005. "Advancing Loss Given Default Prediction Models: How the Quiet Have Quickened," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 34(2), pages 185-230, 07.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bemmann, Martin, 2005. "Verbesserung der Vergleichbarkeit von Schätzgüteergebnissen von Insolvenzprognosestudien," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/05, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Henry Dannenberg, 2005. "Sind Kreditoreneigenschaften als Indikatoren zur Quantifizierung der Höhe des Forderungsausfallrisikos nutzbar?," Wirtschaft im Wandel, Halle Institute for Economic Research, vol. 11(12), pages 388-396.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hubert Gabrisch).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.