Finnland auf dem Weg zur Wissensökonomie – Von Pfadabhängigkeit zu Pfadentwicklung [Finland’s Way Into the Knowledge-based Economy: From Path Dependency to Path Creation]
AbstractThe current techno-economic paradigm change represents a great challenge to evolutionary innovation research. Instead of concentrating on the aspect of path dependency, research needs to focus more on the process of path creation. This change in the research perspective is dealt with in the first part of the paper; a conceptual framework has been developed to analyse the process of path creation. The second part analyses the development of a new growth path in Finland. This small Nordic country managed to transform itself from a resource-based into a knowledge-based economy in a rather short period of time without any major cutbacks in the highly developed welfare state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA) in its series ITA manu:scripts with number 04_01.
Date of creation: 12 Jan 2004
Date of revision:
Wissensgesellschaft; Innovationsforschung; technisch-ökonomisches Paradigma; Pfadabhängigkeit; Wettbewerbsfähigkeit; Finnland; Finland; competition; innovation research; knowledge society; path dependency;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Jalava, Jukka & Pohjola, Matti, 2001.
"Economic Growth in the New Economy. Evidence from Advanced Economies,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jalava, Jukka & Pohjola, Matti, 2002. "Economic growth in the New Economy: evidence from advanced economies," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 189-210, June.
- Freeman, C., 1991. "Networks of innovators: A synthesis of research issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 499-514, October.
- Lemola, Tarmo, 2002. "Convergence of national science and technology policies: the case of Finland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1481-1490, December.
- Andrea Bassanini & Giovanni Dosi, 1999. "When and How Chance and Human Will Can Twist the Arms of Clio," LEM Papers Series 1999/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Werner Kabelka (ITA)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.