Choice of Tillage, Rotation, and Soil Testing Practices: Economic and Environmental Implications (The)
AbstractPresents a study which looked at farmers' choice of conservation, tillage, rotation and soil testing practices in the Nebraska corn area. Estimation of various combinations of the practices impact on fertilizer use, corn yield, and soil erosion; Details on a polychotomous-choice selectivity model; Factors which affect conservation practices.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 979.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, January 1998, vol. 80 no. 3, pp. 494-511
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Babcock & P. G. Lakshminarayan, 1996. "Choice of Tillage, Rotation, and Soil Testing Practices: Economic and Environmental Implications, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp161, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KURKALOVA, Lyubov A. & WADE, Tara R., 2013. "Aggregated Choice Data And Logit Models: Application To Environmental Benign Practices Of Conservation Tillage By Farmers In The State Of Iowa," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 119-128.
- Claassen, Roger & Duquette, Eric, 2012. "Additionality in U.S. Agricultural Conservation Programs A Preliminary Analysis of New Data," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124721, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Christian Langpap & JunJie Wu, 2011. "Potential Environmental Impacts of Increased Reliance on Corn-Based Bioenergy," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 147-171, June.
- Siikamäki, Juha & Layton, David F., 2006. "Potential Cost-Effectiveness of Incentive Payment Programs for Biological Conservation," Discussion Papers dp-06-27, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen & Kildegaard, Arne, 2003.
"Clean Technological Change in Developing-Country Industrial Clusters: Mexican Leather Tanning,"
dp-03-12-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Allen Blackman & Arne Kildegaard, 2010. "Clean technological change in developing-country industrial clusters: Mexican leather tanning," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 12(3), pages 115-132, September.
- Roberts, Roland K. & English, Burton C. & Gao, Qi & Larson, James A., 2006. "Adoption of No-Tillage Practices, Other Conservation-Tillage Practices and Herbicide-Resistant Cotton Seed, and Their Synergistic Environmental Impacts," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21304, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- E. Phimister & D. Roberts, 2006. "The Effect of Off-farm Work on the Intensity of Agricultural Production," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 34(4), pages 493-515, August.
- Holmes, Marionette & Park, Timothy A., 2001. "Modeling Financial Asset Demands Of Small Agribusiness Firms: A Portfolio Theory Approach," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20461, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Lyubov A. Kurkalova & Bruce A. Babcock & Catherine L. Kling, 2000.
"Efficiency of Sequestering Carbon in Agricultural Soils, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
00-wp246, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Kling, Catherine L., 2001. "Efficiency of Sequestering Carbon in Agricultural Soils (The)," Staff General Research Papers 1870, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Xabadia, Angels & Goetz, Renan U. & Zilberman, David, 2006. "Control of accumulating stock pollution by heterogeneous producers," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1105-1130, July.
- Parker, Doug, 2000. "Controlling agricultural nonpoint water pollution: costs of implementing the Maryland Water Quality Improvement Act of 1998," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 23-31, December.
- Teklewold, Hailemariam & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2013. "Cropping system diversification, conservation tillage and modern seed adoption in Ethiopia: Impacts on household income, agrochemical use and demand for labor," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 85-93.
- Langpap, Christian & Hascic, Ivan & Wu, JunJie, 2006. "Predicting Watershed Ecosystems Through Targeted Local Land Use Policies," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21262, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Seon-Ae Kim & Jeffrey M. Gillespie & Krishna P. Paudel, 2008.
"Rotational grazing adoption in cattle production under a cost-share agreement: does uncertainty have a role in conservation technology adoption?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 235-252, 09.
- Kim, Seon-Ae & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2008. "Rotational grazing adoption in cattle production under a cost-share agreement: does uncertainty have a role in conservation technology adoption?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), September.
- Bergtold, Jason S. & Duffy, Patricia A. & Hite, Diane & Raper, Randy L., 2012. "Demographic and Management Factors Affecting the Adoption and Perceived Yield Benefit of Winter Cover Crops in the Southeast," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(01), February.
- Apland, Jeffrey & Grainger, Corbett & Strock, Jeffrey, 2004. "Modeling Agricultural Production Considering Water Quality and Risk," Staff Papers 14240, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00505137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Haixia, 2006. "Natural Amenities, Income Mix, and Endogenous Community Characteristics," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21263, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ajao, A.O. & Ogunniyi, L.T., 2011. "Farmersâ€™ strategies for adapting to climate change in Ogbomoso agricultural zone of Oyo state," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 3(3), September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.