Beef and Pork Packing Costs and Input Demands: Effects of Unionization and Technology
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 5043.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1995
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, August 1995, vol. 77 no. 3, pp. 471-485
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klein, Nicole L. & Brester, Gary W., 1997. "Economic Impacts of the Zero Tolerance Directive on the Cost Structure of Beef Packing Companies," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35743, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Yin Xia & Steven Buccola, 2002. "Size, cost, and productivity in the meat processing industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 283-299.
- Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2004. "Wholesale-Retail Marketing Margin Behavior in the Beef and Pork Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Xia, Yin & Buccola, Steven T., 2000. "Technological Performance In Meat Processing And Implications For Policy," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21862, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Gomez, Miguel I., 1998.
"Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector (The),"
Staff General Research Papers
1156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Helen H. Jensen & Laurian J. Unnevehr & Miguel I. Gomez, 1998. "Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 98-wp189, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Wallace HUFFMAN & John A. MIRANOWSKI, 1996. "Immigration, Meat Packing, And Trade: Implications For Iowa," Staff Papers 285, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Marvin L. HAYENGA, 1997. "Cost Structures Of Pork Slaughter And Processing Firms: Behavioral And Performance Implications," Staff Papers 287, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Poray, Michael C. & Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael & Preckel, Paul V., 2003. "Evaluation of Alternative Coordination Systems Between Producers and Packers in the Pork Value Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 6(02).
- Siebert, John W. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Thelen, Gina C. & Kuker, Don, 2000. "Enhancing The Financial Performance Of Small Meat Processors," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "The Demand for Livestock by the U.S. Meat Processing Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21120, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James M MacDonald & Michael E Ollinger, 2000. "Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter," Working Papers 00-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- MacDonald, James M. & Ollinger, Michael & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Handy, Charles R., 2000. "Consolidation In U.S. Meatpacking," Agricultural Economics Reports 34021, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ollinger, Michael, 2008. "Structural Change in the Meat and Poultry Industry and the Pathogen Reduction Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Rule," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 36747, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.