The Economics of Location: A Selective Survey
AbstractWe present a selective survey of the main results obtained in spatial economic theory. Our focus is on firm location. We start with the simplest location problem and proceed to recent models of industrial location in general equilibrium. The middle section is a review of what has been accomplished in the literature on spatial pricing and spatial competition. We conclude with a discussion of recent models of economic geography which explain the uneven spatial distribution of economic activity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 1693.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Computers and Operations Research 1999, vol. 26, pp. 1369-1394
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2005.
"Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 231-266, 02.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," CSEF Working Papers 80, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships and Competition," Discussion Paper 2002-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2003. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," Discussion Paper 2003-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- White, Eric M. & Carver, Andrew D., 2004. "Modeling timber mill procurement influence effects on interstate sawlog exportation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 529-537, October.
- J. Redondo & J. Fernández & I. García & P. Ortigosa, 2010. "Heuristics for the facility location and design (1|1)-centroid problem on the plane," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 111-141, January.
- J. Redondo & J. Fernández & I. García & P. Ortigosa, 2009. "Sensitivity analysis of a continuous multifacility competitive location and design problem," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 347-365, December.
- P. Dorta-González & D. Santos-Peñate & R. Suárez-Vega, 2006. "A duopolistic spatial competition model with non-zero conjectural variation," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 113-134, June.
- Wang, Xin & Ouyang, Yanfeng, 2013. "A continuum approximation approach to competitive facility location design under facility disruption risks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 90-103.
- Goetz, Stephan J. & Swaminathan, Hema, 2004. "Wal-Mart and Rural Poverty," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20149, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 1998. "Discussant'S Comments For American Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meeting, Selected Papers Session Sp-7aa: "Location Decisions And Economic Growth"," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20923, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- María García & Blas Pelegrín & Pascual Fernández, 2011. "Location strategy for a firm under competitive delivered prices," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 1-23, August.
- Braouezec, Yann, 2012. "Customer-class pricing, parallel trade and the optimal number of market segments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 605-614.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.