Community Supported Agriculture (Csa) in the Midwest United States: A Regional Characterization
AbstractThis paper presents the results of a survey of community supported agriculture operations throughout the Midwest. Characteristics and profitability of the CSA's are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 12577.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lass, Daniel A. & Lavoie, Nathalie & Fetter, T. Robert, 2004. "Market Power In Direct Marketing Of Fresh Produce: Community Supported Agriculture Farms," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20092, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Farnsworth, Richard L. & Thompson, Sarahelen R. & Drury, Kathleen A. & Warner, Richard E., 1996. "Community Supported Agriculture: Filling A Niche Market," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 27(1), February.
- Gilman, Steve, 1999. "Direct Marketing Options: Farmers Markets, Restaurants, Community Supported Agriculture And The Organic Alternative," Agricultural Outlook Forum 1999 32951, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Robert Feagan & Amanda Henderson, 2009. "Devon Acres CSA: local struggles in a global food system," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 203-217, September.
- Antoinette Pole & Margaret Gray, 2013. "Farming alone? What’s up with the “C” in community supported agriculture," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 85-100, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.