Cost Structures of Pork Slaughter and Processing Firms: Behavioral and Performance Implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 1254.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 1998
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of Agricultural Economics, Second Quarter 1998,
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nganje, William E. & Mazzocco, Michael A. & McKeith, Floyd K., 1999. "Food Safety Regulation, Product Pricing, And Profitability: The Case Of Haccp," AE Series 23077, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Adhikari, Bishwa B. & Harsh, Stephen B. & Schwab, Gerald, 2004. "Regional Competitive Position Of Pork Industry," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20057, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Raper, Kellie Curry & Cheney, Laura Martin & Punjabi, Meeta, 2000. "Assessing The Impact Of A Hog Slaughter Plant Closing: The Thorn Apple Valley Case," Staff Papers 11658, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Adhikari, Bishwa B. & Harsh, Stephen B. & Cheney, Laura Martin, 2003. "Factors Affecting Regional Shifts Of U.S Pork Production," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22200, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James M MacDonald & Michael E Ollinger, 2000. "Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter," Working Papers 00-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Pennings, Joost M.E. & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 1999. "Surveying Farmers: A Research Note," AgMAS Project Research Reports 14781, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Philip L. Paarlberg & Mildred M. Haley, 2001. "Market concentration and vertical coordination in the pork industry: Implications for public policy analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 197-212.
- Siebert, John W. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Thelen, Gina C. & Kuker, Don, 2000. "Enhancing The Financial Performance Of Small Meat Processors," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Ben-Belhassen, Boubaker & Womack, Abner W., 2000. "Measurement And Explanation Of Technical Efficiency In Missouri Hog Production," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21819, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Poray, Michael C. & Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael & Preckel, Paul V., 2003. "Evaluation of Alternative Coordination Systems Between Producers and Packers in the Pork Value Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 6(02).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.