Economic Principles and Incentives: Structure, Management, and Funding of Agricultural Research in the United States
AbstractThe problems faced by public agricultural research and land-grant system in the US is discussed in the context of its response to public pressure and criticism. Several proposals are put forward to address these problems which are related to the following issues: grant funding versus formula funding, breakdown of organized science in agriculture, privatization of the land-grant system, harnessing the efficiencies of competition in public agricultural research and long-term social productivity modelling.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10992.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 1992
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, December 1992, vol. 74 no. 5, pp. 1101-1108
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Just, Richard E. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2009. "The economics of universities in a new age of funding options," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1102-1116, September.
- Wright, Brian D., 2012. "Grand missions of agricultural innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1716-1728.
- Roseboom, Johannes & Rutten, Hans, 1998. "The transformation of the Dutch agricultural research system: An unfinished agenda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1113-1126, June.
- Adelaja, Adesoji O., 1997. "New Challenges Facing Agricultural And Resource Economics Departments In The Twenty-First Century," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.