Understanding Farmland Price Changes
AbstractA structural framework for the analysis of factors influencing farmland prices is presented. This land price model considers the multi-dimensional impact of inflation on capital-erosion, savings-return erosion and real debt reduction as well as variations in the opportunity cost of capital. Inflation rates and changes in real returns on alternative uses of capital significantly influence farmland price movements.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10696.
Date of creation: 01 Feb 1993
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, February 1993, vol. 75 no. 1, pp. 156-168
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dupraz, Pierre & Temesgen, Chalachew, 2012. "Farmland Rental Rate and Marginal Return to Land: A French FADN Perspective," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134954, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Stavins, Robert & Plantinga, Andrew & Lubowski, Ruben, 2003. "Determinants of Land-Use Change In the United States 1982-1997," Discussion Papers dp-03-47, Resources For the Future.
- Donoso, Guillermo & Cancino, JosÃ© & Foster, William, 2013. "Farmland values and agricultural growth: the case of Chile," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(2).
- Latruffe , Laure & Ay, Jean-Sauveur, 2013. "The Empirical Content of the Present Value Model: A survey of the instrumental uses of farmland prices," Factor Markets Working Papers 165, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David & Gil, Jose Maria, 2007.
"Farms' Technical Inefficiencies in the Presence of Government Programs,"
2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN
9952, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David & Gil, Jose Maria, 2008. "Farms' technical inefficiencies in the presence of government programs," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(1), March.
- Mehmood khan kakar & M. Ali kakar, 2011. "Factors Affecting the Real Estate Prices in Pakistan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 1(2), pages 57-66, June.
- Claassen, Roger & Tegene, Abebayehu, 1999. "Agricultural Land Use Choice: A Discrete Choice Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 28(1), April.
- Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Lynch, Lori, 1998. "Capitalization Of Farmland Preservation Programs Into Farmland Prices," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20877, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ruben G. Echeverría & Frank Vogelgesang & Jolyne Melmed-Sanjak & Bastiaan P. Reydon & Ludwig A. Plata & Carlos Felipe Jaramillo, 1998. "Perspectivas sobre mercados de tierras rurales en América Latina," IDB Publications 30279, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Serra, Teresa & Goodwin, Barry K. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2011. "Risk behavior in the presence of government programs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 18-24, May.
- Borchers, Allison & Ifft, Jennifer & Kuethe, Todd, 2013. "Linking the Price of Agricultural Land to Use Values and Amenities," 2014 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2014, Philadelphia, PA 161651, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Feijo, Ricardo Luis Chaves, 2008. "Desempenho Da Agricultura Do Estado De São Paulo (1999-2006): Área, Produção, Produtividade, Preços E Conflito Agrário," 46th Congress, July 20-23, 2008, Rio Branco, Acre, Brasil 109602, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- Gardner, Bruce L., 2002. "U.S. Commodity Policies And Land Prices," Working Papers 28560, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hendricks, Nathan P. & Janzen, Joseph P. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C., 2012. "Subsidy Incidence and Inertia in Farmland Rental Markets: Estimates from a Dynamic Panel," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(3), December.
- Ibendahl, Gregory & Griffin, Terry, 2013. "The Connection Between Cash Rents and Land Values," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Xu, Jin & Leatham, David J., 2010. "Dynamic Analysis of Land Prices with Flexible Risk Aversion Coefficients," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61872, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Feichtinger, Paul & Salhofer, Klaus, 2011. "The Valuation of Agricultural Land and the Influence of Government Payments," Factor Markets Working Papers 112, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Kirwan, Barrett E. & Roberts, Michael J., 2010. "Who Really Benefits from Agricultural Subsidies? Evidence from Field-Level Data," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 62028, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.