Value of Weather Information in Market Equilibrium (The)
AbstractExamines how the value of weather information is changed with improvements in the accuracy of forecasts when farmers act noncooperatively. Description of a stylized model of competitive production with rational expectations; Effects of increase in forecast accuracy; Changes in the value of information; Changes in input use; Changes in expected supply.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 10592.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1990
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in American Journal of Agricultural Economics, January 1990, vol. 72 no. 1, pp. 63-72
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005. "¿Cumple la privatización lo que promete? El acceso a los servicios telefónicos y el ingreso familiar en zonas rurales pobres empleando un experimento cuasinatural en Perú," Research Department Publications 4418, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Macauley, Molly, 2005. "The Value of Information: A Background Paper on Measuring the Contribution of Space-Derived Earth Science Data to National Resource Management," Discussion Papers dp-05-26, Resources For the Future.
- Macauley, Molly, 2006. "Ascribing Societal Benefit to Environmental Observations of the Earth from Space: The Multi-angle Imaging Spectroradiometer (MISR)," Discussion Papers dp-06-09, Resources For the Future.
- Saak, Alexander E. & Hennessy, David A., 2001.
"Planting Decisions And Uncertain Consumer Acceptance Of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20581, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alexander E. Saak & David A. Hennessy, 2002. "Planting Decisions and Uncertain Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 308-319.
- Saak, Alexander & Hennessy, David A., 2002. "Planting Decisions and Uncertain Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Crop Varieties," Staff General Research Papers 5026, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005.
"Does Privatization Deliver? Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru,"
Research Department Publications
4417, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero & Alberto E. Chong, 2005. "Does Privatization Deliver?: Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru," IDB Publications 6833, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2002.
"Agriculture and the environment,"
Handbook of Agricultural Economics,
in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1249-1313
- Poon, Kenneth & Weersink, Alfons & Deaton, Brady J., Jr., 2011. "Demand and Supply Analysis of Farm, Farmer and Farm Family Data," Working Papers 114094, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- repec:ags:jlaare:168264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Magnan, Nicholas & Gubler, W. Douglas, 2012. "Multi-Dimensional Responses to Risk Information: How do Winegrape Growers Respond to Disease Forecasts and to What Environmental Effect?," Working Papers 162521, Robert Mondavi Institute Center for Wine Economics.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Osgood, Daniel E., 2006. "Index Insurance, Production Practices, and Probabilistic Climate Forecasts," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21463, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lambert, David K., 2008. "The expected utility of genetic information in beef cattle production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 44-52, December.
- Pluske, Johanna M. & Fraser, Rob W., 1995. "Can Producers Place Valid and Reliable Valuations on Wool Price-Risk Information?," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), August.
- Velandia, Margarita M. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Jenkins, Amanda & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Martin, Steven W., 2009. "Factors Influencing Selection of Information Sources by Cotton Producers Considering Adoption of Precision Agriculture Technologies," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49326, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Anbarci, Nejat & Boyd III, John & Floehr, Eric & Lee, Jungmin & Song, Joon Jin, 2011. "Population and income sensitivity of private and public weather forecasting," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 124-133, March.
- Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J., 1999. "The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 213-225, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.