Okun's Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment
AbstractIn this paper, we show that the rate of unemployment in period t depends on GDP and inflation rate in period t-1. We then show that GDP is related to money creation, and subsequently that the rate of unemployment is a decreasing function of this creation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD in its series IRISS Working Paper Series with number 2006-08.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3, avenue de la Fonte, L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
Creation of Money ; Decomposition ; GDP ; Rate of Unemployement;
Other versions of this item:
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2009. "Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 7-9, January.
- Stéphane Mussard & Bernard Philippe, 2006. "Okun’s Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment," Cahiers de recherche 06-20, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-12-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2006-12-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-12-01 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussard, Stephane & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2006. "On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Malmquist productivity index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 436-443, June.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2011.
"On the links between unemployment rate, monetary creation and the value-added sharing,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 767-774, May.
- Bernard Philippe & Stéphane Mussard, 2010. "On the Links Between Unemployment Rate, Monetary Creation and the Value-added Sharing," Cahiers de recherche 10-05, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Kovács Ildikó & Marton Noémi & Patka Kinga & Páll Katalin, 2010. "The Determinats Of The Unemployment Rate - Empirical Evidence From Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 277-282, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.