European Hospital Survey: Benchmarking deployment of e-Health services (2012–2013) – Composite Indicators on eHealth Deployment and on Availability and Use of eHealth functionalities
AbstracteHealth has been on the European Commission Information Society's policy agenda for more than a decade, from the eEurope initiative(European Commission 1999) to the i2010 Strategy(European Commission 2005), and most recently the Digital Agenda for Europe (DAE)(European Commission 2010), eHealth was also one of the Lead Market Initiatives in 2007. Today it is the focus of one of the two first pilots under the EU2020 Strategy and its Innovation Union flagship initiative – the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing. The key strategic orientations of the European Commission eHealth policy are defined in the eHealth Action Plan 2012-2020 where eHealth is referred to as "the application of information and communications technologies across the whole range of functions that affect the health sector and including products, systems and services that go beyond simply Internet-based applications"(European Commission 2004).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre in its series JRC-IPTS Working Papers with number JRC85845.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2013
Date of revision:
European Hospital Survey; EHS; synthesis; outcomes; eHealth; deployment; availability; use; EHR; information exchange; infrastructure; composite; indicators; policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-01-10 (Health Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2014-01-10 (Information & Communication Technologies)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manuela Deidda & Francisco Lupiañez & Ioannis Maghiros, 2013. "European Hospital Survey: Benchmarking deployment of e-Health services (2012–2013) – Methodological report," JRC-IPTS Working Papers, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre JRC85871, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Castillo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.