Factors influencing the location of new motorways: the large scale motorway building in Spain
AbstractSince the 1980’s Spain has developed an ambitious road building programme with the construction of approximately 12,000 kilometres of new motorways. This article analysis the factors related to the placement of these new motorways during two distinct planning periods from 1983 to 1993 and 1994 to 2004.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC in its series Working Papers with number 1105.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Transport Geography 19 (6): 1282-1293, 2011
infrastructure; motorways; placement;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Albarran & Raquel Carrasco & Adelheid Holl, 2013.
"Domestic transport infrastructure and firms’ export market participation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 879-898, May.
- Albarrán, Pedro & Carrasco, Raquel & Holl, Adelheid, 2011. "Domestic transport infrastructure and firms’ export market participation," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/13899, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Miquel- Àngel Garcia-López & Adelheid Holl & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2013. "Suburbanization and highways: when the romans, the bourbons and the first cars still shape Spanish cities," Working Papers 2013/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Miquel- Àngel Garcia-López, 2012. "Urban spatial structure, suburbanization and transportation in Barcelona," Working Papers 2012/11, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adelheid Holl).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.