La réactivité des réseaux de franchise face aux chocs externes : proposition d’un modèle conceptuel
AbstractAn original organizational form, a hybrid between market and hierarchy, franchise networks are based on a close and interactive collaboration between several firms: a franchisor, who generally is the initiator of the partnership, and franchisees, legally and financially independent retailers, who become members of a network to benefit from a successful business system. This paper examines specifically the ability of franchise networks to initiate a high responsiveness faced with external shocks; it therefore proposes a conceptual model based on resources, competences and leadership.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Research, Ipag Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2014-163.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 25 Feb 2014
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-30 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blair,Roger D. & Lafontaine,Francine, 2011.
"The Economics of Franchising,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521775892, October.
- B. Guilhon & P. Gianfaldoni, 1990. "Chaînes de compétences et réseaux," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 51(1), pages 97-112.
- Steven C. Michael, 2009. "Entrepreneurial signaling to attract resources: the case of franchising," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(6), pages 405-422.
- Gillis, William E. & Combs, James G., 2009. "Franchisor strategy and firm performance: Making the most of strategic resource investments," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 553-561, November.
- Frédéric Perdreau & Anne-Laure Le Nadant & Gérard Cliquet, 2007. "Architecture financière des réseaux de franchise : apports de la théorie des ressources et de la théorie des contrats incomplets," Post-Print halshs-00520599, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.