Mitigation of What and by What? Adaptation by Whom and for Whom? Dilemmas in Delivering for the Poor and the Vulnerable in International Climate Policy
AbstractDespite notable advances in the ?climate change-development? discourse and the rapid evolution of the climate-finance architecture, many of the fundamentally politicised issues that shape the existing dilemma on how to confront global climate change have been avoided or delayed. A largely market-driven response has not advanced an accountability-driven, long-term agenda, and competing interests continue to shape the discourse on adaptation and mitigation?thus influencing whose risk becomes predominant and whose impacts and losses are prioritised within and between states.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth in its series Working Papers with number 79.
Date of creation: Feb 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published by UNDP - International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth , February 2011, pages 1-51
Mitigation of What and by What? Adaptation by Whom and for Whom? Dilemmas in Delivering for the Poor and the Vulnerable in International;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orana Bandiera & Iwan Barankay & Imran Rasul, 2005.
"Cooperation in collective action,"
Natural Field Experiments
00211, The Field Experiments Website.
- Graff-Zivin, Joshua & Lipper, Leslie, 2008. "Poverty, risk, and the supply of soil carbon sequestration," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 353-373, June.
- Bah, El-hadj M., 2007.
"Structural Transformation in Developed and Developing Countries,"
10655, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Sep 2008.
- Bah, El-hadj, 2009. "Structural Transformation in Developed and Developing Countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 42, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Zaman, Md Monowaruz, 2008. "Welfare dynamics based on a new concept of inefficient equilibrium," MPRA Paper 11303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robin Mearns & Andrew Norton, 2010. "Social Dimensions of Climate Change : Equity and Vulnerability in a Warming World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2689.
- repec:feb:natura:0013 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.