Some Positive Dependence Orderings involving Tail Dependence
AbstractIn this paper we discuss the properties of the orderings of positive dependence introduced by Hollander et al. (1990) as generalizing the bivariate positive dependence concepts of left-tail decreasing (LTD) and right-tail increasing (RTI) studied by Esary and Proschan (1972). We show which of the postulates proposed by Kimeldorf and Sampson (1987) for a reasonable positive dependence ordering are satisfied and how the orders can be studied by restricting them to copulas, and we give some examples. We also investigate the relationship of these orders with some other orderings which have appeared in the literature and generalize the same notions of positive dependence
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Insubria in its series Economics and Quantitative Methods with number qf0601.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Ravasi 2-21100 Varese
Web page: http://www.uninsubria.it/uninsubria/facolta/econo.html
More information through EDIRC
Copula; Fréchet class; positive dependence stochastic ordering; right-tail decreasing (RTI); left-tail decreasing (LTD);
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Z. Fang & H. Joe, 1992. "Further developments on some dependence orderings for continuous bivariate distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 501-517, September.
- Ali, Mir M. & Mikhail, N. N. & Haq, M. Safiul, 1978. "A class of bivariate distributions including the bivariate logistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 405-412, September.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 2005. "Some notions of multivariate positive dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 13-26, August.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 2006. "Some positive dependence stochastic orders," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 46-78, January.
- Takemi Yanagimoto & Masashi Okamoto, 1969. "Partial orderings of permutations and monotonicity of a rank correlation statistic," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 489-506, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Segreteria Dipartimento).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.