Mechanism design with two alternatives in Quasi-linear environment
AbstractWe study mechanism design in quasi-linear environments when there are two alternatives. We show that under a mild range condition, every implementable deterministic allocation rule is a generalized utility function maximizer. In unbounded domains, if we replace our range condition by an independence condition, then every implementable deterministic allocation rule is an affine maximizer. Our results extend Roberts' affine maximizer theorem (Roberts, 1979) to the case of two alternatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India in its series Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers with number 12-05.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision:
Roberts theorem; dominant strategy mechanism design; affine maximizer; generalized utility function maximizer;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sushil Bikhchandani & Shurojit Chatterji & Ron Lavi & Ahuva Mu'alem & Noam Nisan & Arunava Sen, 2006. "Weak Monotonicity Characterizes Deterministic Dominant-Strategy Implementation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 1109-1132, 07.
- Debasis Mishra & Abdul Quadir, 2012. "Deterministic single object auctions with private values," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 12-06, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.