The Percolation of public expenditure: Food subsidies and the Poor in India and the Philippines
AbstractThis paper measures the percolation of food subsidy expenditures to th e poor. The paper proposes a metric that takes into account the depth and width of income transfer. The metric is applied to food subsidy expenditures in India and Philippines. Both countries operate in-kind transfer schemes. The major findings is that neither country scores well on the percolation index...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India in its series Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers with number 11-14.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-04-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-04-03 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2012-04-03 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha, 2014. "Pilferage from opaque food subsidy programs: Theory and evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 69-79.
- Rahul Anand & David Coady & Adil Mohommad & Vimal V Thakoor & James P Walsh, 2013. "The Fiscal and Welfare Impacts of Reforming Fuel Subsidies in India," IMF Working Papers 13/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha, 2012. "Corruption, food subsidies, and opacity: Evidence from the Philippines," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 708-711.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.