A Characterization of the average tree solution for tree games
AbstractFor the class of tree games, a new solution called the average tree solution has been proposed recently. We provide a characterization of this solution. This characterization underlines an important difference, in terms of symmetric treatment of the agents, between the average tree solution and the Myerson value for the class of tree games.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India in its series Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers with number 09-08.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2009
Date of revision:
tree; graph games; Myerson value; Shapley value;
Other versions of this item:
- Debasis Mishra & A. Talman, 2010. "A characterization of the average tree solution for tree games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 105-111, March.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J., 2008.
"The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377604, Tilburg University.
- Herings, P. Jean Jacques & van der Laan, Gerard & Talman, Dolf, 2008. "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 77-92, January.
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf, . "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2155, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, P. Jean Jacques & Laan, Gerard van der & Talman, Dolf, 2008. "The average tree solution for cycle-free graph games," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-22849, Maastricht University.
- Demange, G., 1991.
"Intermediate Preferences and Stable Coalition Structures,"
DELTA Working Papers
91-16, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Demange, Gabrielle, 1994. "Intermediate preferences and stable coalition structures," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-58, January.
- Le Breton,Michel & Owen,Guillermo & Weber,Shlomo, 1991.
"Strongly balanced cooperative games,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
338, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Mamoru Kaneko & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 1982.
"Cores of Partitioning Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
620, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154855, Tilburg University.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2004.
"On Group Stability in Hierarchies and Networks,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 754-778, August.
- Béal, Sylvain & Lardon, Aymeric & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2011. "The Average Tree Solution for Multi-choice Forest Games," MPRA Paper 28739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suzuki, T. & Talman, A.J.J., 2011. "Solution Concepts for Cooperative Games with Circular Communication Structure," Discussion Paper 2011-100, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.