Islamic Banking - Issues in Prudential Regulations and Supervision
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 98/30.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karim, Rifaat Ahmed Abdel, 2001. "International accounting harmonization, banking regulation, and Islamic banks," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 169-193, 05.
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2010. "Islamic Finance and the Theory of Capital Structure," MPRA Paper 24567, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Islamic Financial Institutions and Products in the Global Financial System: Key Issues in Risk Management and Challenges Ahead," IMF Working Papers 02/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Alexei Kireyev, 2001. "Financial Reforms in Sudan: Streamlining Bank Intermediation," IMF Working Papers 01/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Hussein, Kassim, 2010. "Bank level stability factors and consumer confidence – a comparative study of Islamic and conventional banks’ product mix," MPRA Paper 21800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid & Rahman, Shafiqur, 2005. "On the pareto-optimality of futures contracts over Islamic forward contracts: implications for the emerging Muslim economies," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 273-295, February.
- Giorgio Gomel & Angelo Cicogna & Domenico De Falco & Marco Valerio Della Penna & Lorenzo Di Bona De Sarzana & Angela Di Maria & Patrizia Di Natale & Alessandra Freni & Sergio Masciantonio & Giacomo Od, 2010. "Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 73, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Sulaiman Abdullah Saif Alnasser & Joriah Muhammed, 2012. "Introduction to corporate governance from Islamic perspective," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 220-231, August.
- Stefano Miani & Demeh Daradkah, 2009. "The Islamic Banking Industry in Jordan," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 635-654, October.
- El-Hawary, Dahlia & Grais, Wafik & Iqbal, Zamir, 2007. "Diversity in the regulation of Islamic Financial Institutions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 778-800, February.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin CihÃ¡k & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Anouar Hassoune, 2003. "La solvabilité des banques islamiques : forces et faiblesses," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 72(3), pages 277-297.
- Omar Masood & Ghulam Shabbir Khan Niazi & Noryati Ahmad, 2011. "Empirical evidence on the risk management tools practised in Islamic and conventional banks," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 105-116, June.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization," IMF Working Papers 07/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Juan Sole, 2007. "Introducing Islamic Banks into Coventional Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 07/175, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.