Terms of Trade Shocks and the Current Account
AbstractThis paper examines the relationship between terms of trade shocks, private saving, and the current account position.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 98/177.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O51 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O56 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Oceania
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elif C. Arbatli, 2008. "Futures Markets, Oil Prices and the Intertemporal Approach to the Current Account," Working Papers 08-48, Bank of Canada.
- Cardi, Olivier, 2007.
"Another View Of The J-Curve,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 153-174, April.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005. "Another View of the J-Curve," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005029, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2000.
"Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2381, The World Bank.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2004. "Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 321-340, July.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 2000. "Savings and the Terms of Trade Under Borrowing Constraints," NBER Working Papers 7743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdur R Chowdhury, 2004.
"Private Savings in Transition Economies: Are there Terms of Trade Shocks?,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(4), pages 487-514, December.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2003. "Private Savings In Transition Economies: Are There Terms Of Trade Shocks?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-572, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Dinçer, 2005.
"Denomination Composition of Trade and Trade Balance : Evidence from Turkey,"
Departmental Working Papers
0510, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Dincer, 2005. "Denomination composition of trade and trade balance: evidence from Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1177-1191.
- Giovanna Tagliabue, 2005. "Co-integrating relationship between terms of trade, money and current account: the italian evidence," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 99-111.
- Otto, G., 2003. "Terms of trade shocks and the balance of trade: there is a Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-184, April.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005.
"The Zero-Root Property : Permanent vs Temporary Terms of Trade Shocks,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2005030, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Olivier Cardi, 2007. "The Zero-root Property: Permanent vs Temporary Terms-of-trade Shocks," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 782-802, 09.
- Seedwell Hove & Albert Touna Mama & Fulbert Tchana Tchana, 2012. "Terms of Trade Shocks and Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 273, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- L. Sahely & R. Darius & O. Williams, 2001. "Terms of trade shocks and the current account in a unified currency area," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 1179-1188.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.