Patterns of Capital Flows to Emerging Markets: A Theoretical Perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 97/13.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Claessens, Stijn & Dooley, Michael P & Warner, Andrew, 1995.
"Portfolio Capital Flows: Hot or Cold?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 153-74, January.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Zender, Jaime F, 1991.
"Capital Structure and Dividend Irrelevance with Asymmetric Information,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 201-19.
- Philip H. Dybvig & Jaime F. Zender, 1988. "Capital Structure and dividend Irrelevance with Asymmetric Information," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 878, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Khan, Mohsin S & Mathieson, Donald J, 1996. "The Implications of International Capital Flows for Macroeconomic and Financial Policies," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 155-60, July.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim & Yuen, Chi-Wa, 1998.
"Channelling Domestic Savings into Productive Investment Under Asymmetric Information: The Essential Role of Foreign Direct Investment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1837, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka & Chi-Wa Yuen, 1997. "Channeling Domestic Savings into Productive Investment Under Asymmetric Information: The Essential Role of Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 6338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E. & Yuen, C.-W., 1998. "Channelling Domestic Savings into Productive Investment Under Asymmetric Information: The Essential Role of Foreign Direct Investment," Papers 01-98, Tel Aviv.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E. & Yuen, C.W., 1997. "Chanelling Domestic Saving into Productive Investment Under Asymmetric Information: The Essential Role of Foreign Direct Investment," Papers 36-97, Tel Aviv.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Schertler, Andrea, 2003. "External and Internal Financial Structures in Europe: A Corporate Finance Perspective," EIFC - Technology and Finance Working Papers 19, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Assaf Razin & Chi-Wa Yuen & Efraim Sadka, 1998.
"Capital Flows with Debt- and Equity-Financed Investment-Equilibrium Structure and Efficiency Implications,"
IMF Working Papers
98/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka & Chi-Wa Yuen, 1998. "Capital Flows with Debt-And Equity-Financed Invesment: Equilibrium Structure and Efficiency Implications," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 136, Universidad del CEMA.
- Mark S. Carlson & Leonardo HernÃ¡ndez, 2002. "Determinants and Repercussions of the Composition of Capital Inflows," IMF Working Papers 02/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Flôres Junior, Renato Galvão & Araújo, Carlos Hamilton Vasconcelos, 2002. "Foreign funding to an emerging market: the Monetary Premium Theory and the Brazilian Case, 1991 - 1998," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 459, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Zhaohui Chen & Jorge A. Chan-Lau, 1998.
"Financial Crisis and Credit Crunch as a Result of Inefficient Financial Intermediation - with Reference to the Asian Financial Crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
98/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Jorge A. Chan-Lau & Zhaohui Chen, 1998. "Financial Crisis and Credit Crunch as a Result of Inefficient Financial Intermediation—with Reference to the Asian Financial Crisis," International Finance 9804001, EconWPA, revised 24 Apr 1998.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka & Chi-Wa Yuen, 2001. "Why International Equity Inflows to Emerging Markets are Inefficient and Small Relative to International Debt Flows," NBER Working Papers 8659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Javier Díaz-Cassou & Alicia García-Herrero & Luis Molina, 2006. "What kind of capital flows does the IMF catalyze and when?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0617, Banco de Espa�a.
- Levent, Korap & Özgür, Aslan, 2007. "Exogenous characteristics of short-term capital flows: can they be under control? evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 19504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hunter, Delroy M., 2006. "The evolution of stock market integration in the post-liberalization period - A look at Latin America," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 795-826, August.
- Buch, Claudia M, 2002.
"Are Banks Different? Evidence from International Data,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 97-114, Spring.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2000. "Are Banks Different? Evidence from International Data," Kiel Working Papers 1012, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.