Race to the Center: Competition for the Nikkei 225 Futures Trade
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 96/117.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Ito, Takatoshi & Lin, Wen-Ling, 2001. "Race to the center: competition for the Nikkei 225 futures trade," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 219-242, July.
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardouvelis, G.A., 1988.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, And The Transitory Component Of Stock Prices,"
fb-_88-38, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A, 1990. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and the Transitory Components of Stock Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 736-62, September.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1989. "Margin requirements, volatility and the transitory component of stock prices," Research Paper 8909, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1988. "Margin requirements, volatility, and the transitory component of stock prices," Research Paper 8818, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-84.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1978. "Information, futures prices, and stabilizing speculation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 79-98, February.
- George Sofianos, 1988. "Margin requirements on equity instruments," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 47-60.
- Arturo Estrella, 1988. "Consistent margin requirements: are they feasible?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 61-79.
- Hartzmark, Michael L, 1986. "The Effects of Changing Margin Levels on Futures Market Activity, the Composition of Traders in the Market, and Price Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages S147-80, April.
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Schwert, C.W., 1989. "Margin Requirements And Stock Volatility," Papers t6, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A & Peristiani, Stavros, 1992.
"Margin Requirements, Speculative Trading, and Stock Price Fluctuations: The Case of Japan,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1333-70, November.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Steve Peristiani, 1990. "Margin requirements, speculative trading and stock price fluctuations: the case of Japan," Research Paper 9006, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1991. "A Theory of Trading in Stock Index Futures," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 17-51.
- Fremault, Anne, 1991. "Stock Index Futures and Index Arbitrage in a Rational Expectations Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 523-47, October.
- Salinger, M.A., 1989. "Stock Market Margin Requirements And Volatility: Implications For Regulation Of Stock Index Futures," Papers t4, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Sheng, Li, 2010. "Competing or cooperating to host mega events: A simple model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 375-379, January.
- Lee, Ming-Chih & Chiu, Chien-Liang & Lee, Yen-Hsien, 2007. "Is twin behavior of Nikkei 225 index futures the same?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 377(1), pages 199-210.
- Shinhua Liu, 2008. "Index Futures and Predictability of the Underlying Stocks’ Returns: The Case of the Nikkei 225," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 77-91, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.