A Robust and Efficient Method for Solving Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models
AbstractThe development and use of forward-looking macro models in policymaking institutions has proceeded at a pace much slower than predicted in the early 1980s. An important reason is that researchers have not had access to robust and efficient solution techniques for solving nonlinear forward-looking models. This paper discusses the properties of a new algorithm that is used for solving MULTIMOD, the IMF’s multicountry model of the world economy. This algorithm is considerably faster and much less prone to simulation failures than to traditional algorithms and can also be used to solve individual country models of the same size.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 96/106.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Laxton & Tamim Bayoumi & David T. Coe, 1998.
"Liberating Supply-Fiscal Policy and Technological innovation in a Multicountry Model,"
IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund
98/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Coe, David T. & Laxton, Douglas, 1998. "Liberating Supply: Fiscal Policy and Technological Innovation in a Multicountry Model," MPRA Paper 8596, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tamim Bayoumi & David T. Coe & Elhanan Helpman, 1996.
"R&D Spillovers and Global Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
5628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, T. & Coe, D.T. & Helpman, E., 1996. "R&D Spillovers and Global Growth," Papers, Tel Aviv 14-96, Tel Aviv.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Elhanan Helpman & David T. Coe, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and Global Growth," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 96/47, International Monetary Fund.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and Global Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 1467, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Louis Brillet, 1999. "A Technique for Solving Rational-Expectations Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999, Society for Computational Economics 333, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrés González Gómez & Lavan Mahadeva & Diego Rodríguez & Luis Eduardo Rojas, .
"Monetary Policy Forecasting in a DSGE Model with Data that is Uncertain, Unbalanced and About the Future,"
Borradores de Economia
559, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Andrés González Gómez & Lavan Mahadeva & Diego Rodríguez & Luis Eduardo Rojas, 2009. "Monetary Policy Forecasting In A Dsge Model With Data That Is Uncertain, Unbalanced And About The Future," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 005480, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jérôme & Mestre, Ricardo, 2001. "An area-wide model (AWM) for the euro area," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0042, European Central Bank.
- Dirk Muir & Douglas Laxton & Dennis P. J. Botman & Andrei Romanov, 2006. "A New-Open-Economy Macro Model for Fiscal Policy Evaluation," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 06/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jerome & Mestre, Ricardo, 2005. "An area-wide model for the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-59, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.