Labor Market Institutions and Flexibility in Italy
AbstractThe paper surveys three broad categories of labor market institutions in Italy: employment protection legislation, unemployment benefit systems, and wage bargaining arrangements. In each case, the recent evolution and current state of Italian institutions are evaluated and compared with those in other major European countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Monetary Fund in its series IMF Working Papers with number 94/30.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loïc Cadiou & Stéphanie Guichard & Mathilde Maurel, 2000. "Disparités institutionnelles et flexibilité des marchés du travail dans l’UE," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/711, Sciences Po.
- Ryan Michaels & Michele Battisti, 2013. "Coordinated labor Supply within the Firm: Evidence and Implications," 2013 Meeting Papers 1116, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1997.
"Technological change, relative wages, and unemployment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 187-205, February.
- Joshua Aizenman & Pierre-Richard AgÃ©nor, 1994. "Technological Change, Relative Wages, and Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 94/111, International Monetary Fund.
- Loïc Cadiou & Stéphanie Guichard, 1999. "Marchés du travail en Europe : Quelles conséquences pour l'Union Monétaire," Working Papers 1999-10, CEPII research center.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/711 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.